2 Day Kakadu 4WD Adventure (Nov – Apr)
This is a great way to explore Kakadu over the spectacular Wet Season in the top end. The Storms are building up and the smaller waterfalls are coming alive again. Camping in tents and swags. Travel by 4WD vehicle.
- Jumping croc cruise
- Nourlangie Rock, hike & rock art
- Nawurlandja Lookout
- Warradjan Cultural Centre
- Gunlom Falls or Yurmikmik, hike & swim
- Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes (Moline), hike & swim
Day 1 – Darwin - Kakadu
Pick up at 7am from your nominated accommodation in Darwin.
We start our Kakadu tour by heading towards Kakadu to join a crocodile jumping cruise. This is a great opportunity to get fantastic photo of the local wildlife.
After the cruise, we commence our drive toward Kakadu National Park.
Stop & enjoy a picnic lunch on the East Alligator River bank with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes!
Welcome to Kakadu National Park!
Arrive at Nourlangie Rock, an ancient Aboriginal occupational and art site. Explore the sites before walking up to Gunwhardewharde lookout for an exceptional view over the escarpment, including Nawurlandja.
After a visit to the Warradjan Cultural Centre, we make our way to Mardugal Safari camp nestled in the heart of Kakadu.
Dinner tonight is a traditional Aussie BBQ with an opportunity to sample a complimentary tasting plate of kangaroo, buffalo and crocodile meat*
*Please note this complimentary tasting plate is subject to seasonal availability.
Fitness: 3 kms
Meal: Lunch & dinner
Day 2 – Kakadu - Darwin
Early to rise for a big day and some great walks!
Pack up camp and head to either Gunlom Falls (when accessible) or Yurmikmik. These walks will get your heart rate up, however you will be rewarded with a refreshing swim.
Next is a visit Bowali visitor centre before departing Kakadu National Park and heading back to Darwin.
Return to Darwin approximately 5.30pm
Territory Expeditions Provides
A Territory Expeditions experience will include:
- Small groups (ensures minimal environmental impact)
- All meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Camping fees and equipment
- Great walks/hikes (getting away from the crowds)
- Interpretation of the natural and cultural features of Kakadu
- Swimming in idyllic locations
- Ancient Rock Art
- Great Lookouts = great photographs
- Wildlife & crocodile cruise
- Special permits into restricted areas of Kakadu which include Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)
- Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes (Moline) and Old Goodparla (Home stead ruins of the first European settlement in what is now Kakadu)
- Safari camping permits at Mardugal and Garnamarr which allows us to camp in the heart of Kakadu surrounded only by trees and a sky full of stars!
What to Bring
- Good walking shoes or boots
- Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking water
- Swimmers/ bathers/ togs
- Light comfortable clothing
- A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
- Medication and other personal requirements
- A sense of humour!
- Sleeping bag (can be hired for $10, please advise when booking)
- Note: Luggage is strictly restricted to a soft bag of 10kg per person
Small print & important info
- Itinerary may be done in reverse at guides discretion.
- All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, National Park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners.
- All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
- All tours are most suitable for ages between 18 and 45, however those older than this range can be taken into consideration.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended to travellers who embark on any tours with Territory Expeditions.
- Further terms & conditions and cancellation information can be found on our website
- All rates are quoted in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax).
- Rates are valid from 01 April 2018- 31 March 2019
- Rates are quoted per person
- Rates include all National Park fees
- Due to the nature of our tours, the recommended age group is 18-45 years
- 45+ years can be considered based on the individual’s level of fitness.
- 100% payable for all cancellations within 72hrs prior to arrival
- 75% payable for all cancellations between 14 day – 72 hours
- 50% payable for all cancellation between 15 -30 days
- Full refund for all cancellations made outside 30 days prior to travel
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
- Please note we are Territory Expeditions, not Territory comfortable, take it easy, sightseeing tours. Our tours are focused on adventure. This includes 4WD vehicles on rough and rugged dirt tracks, longer hikes and swims. You will get dirty and be challenged. This is not a luxury bus tour and your accommodation is camping in swags on the ground. The only stars are in the sky.
- 1 x FOC entry for Tour Guide per 10 paying passengers. Maximum two FOC entries per group.
- Industry discounts available. Please contact Kat Noonan on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and enquiries.
- Accounts Name: Blakan Pty Ltd
- BSB: 085 949 | Account Number: 9411 46116
- Bank: NAB