3 Day Kakadu Adventure (May – Oct)
Explore the wilderness of Kakadu National Park on a 3-day Kakadu 4WD adventure! You’ll see all the main attractions such as Jim Jim falls, Twin Falls and Ubirr Rock. Combine small groups, great walks, this is a great Kakadu tour for those looking for a bit of excitement and adventure! Camping in tents and swags. Travel by 4WD vehicle.
- Cruise the spectacular Corroboree Billabong for crocodile and wildlife spotting
- Warradja Cultural Centre within Kakadu National Park
- Jim Jim Falls swim & hike
- Ubirr, hike & rock art. Views over Arnhemland
- Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) or Gunlom Falls hike & swim
- Budjmi Lookout hike
Day 1 – Darwin – Kakadu
Pick up at 7am from your nominated accommodation in Darwin
We start our Kakadu tour by heading towards Kakadu to join a wildlife cruise on Corroborree Billabong. This is a great opportunity to get fantastic photos of the local wildlife.
After the cruise, we commence our drive toward Kakadu National Park.
Stop & enjoy a picnic lunch on the East Alligator River bank with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes!
Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360º views over the Nardab floodplain and Arnhemland.
Tonight we camp at our exclusive safari camp at Garnamarr at the base of the escarpment and within the National Park.
Dinner tonight is a traditional Aussie BBQ.
Fitness: 3 kms
Meals: Lunch & dinner
Day 2 – Kakadu
After breakfast we do some 4 Wheel driving to Twin Falls. From here we take the escarpment walk to the top of the falls for a swim in the crystal clear pools away from the crowds.
Then we’ll find a shady spot by Jim Jim Creek for some lunch.
A short climb up Budjimi Lookout will reward you with spectacular views of the ancient Arnhemland escarpment.
After lunch, a 1km walk through monsoonal vine forest to the base of Jim Jim Falls for a relaxing afternoon swimming in the plunge pool and resting on the beach.
Tonight we camp at Garnamarr, at the base of the escarpment.
Tonight we replenish ourselves with the Great Aussie BBQ.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 3: Kakadu – Darwin
An early start as we head to the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn more about the local.
Aboriginal people of Kakadu.
We then make our way to Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) for a 1km walk through towering paperbarks and crystal clear waters for a refreshing swim in the plunge pool.
Heading home after a fantastic tour along the old Jim Jim road stopping of at White Lily billabong
for our last look at Kakadu and a stretch of the legs.
We return to Darwin approximately 5.30pm ending our Kakadu tour.
Territory Expeditions Provides
A Territory Expeditions experience will include:
- Small groups (ensures minimal environmental impact)
- All meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Camping fees and equipment
- Great walks/hikes (getting away from the crowds)
- Interpretation of the natural and cultural features of Kakadu
- Swimming in idyllic locations
- Ancient Rock Art
- Great Lookouts = great photographs
- Wildlife & crocodile cruise
- Special permits into restricted areas of Kakadu which include Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)
- Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes (Moline) and Old Goodparla (Home stead ruins of the first European settlement in what is now Kakadu)
- Safari camping permits at Mardugal and Garnamarr which allows us to camp in the heart of Kakadu surrounded only by trees and a sky full of stars!
What to Bring
- Good walking shoes or boots
- Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking water
- Swimmers/ bathers/ togs
- Light comfortable clothing
- A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
- Medication and other personal requirements
- A sense of humour!
- Sleeping bag (can be hired for $10, please advise when booking)
- Note: Luggage is strictly restricted to a soft bag of 10kg per person
Small print & important info
- Itinerary may be done in reverse at guides discretion.
- All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, National Park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners.
- All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
- All tours are most suitable for ages between 18 and 45, however those older than this range can be taken into consideration.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended to travellers who embark on any tours with Territory Expeditions.
- Further terms & conditions and cancellation information can be found on our website
- All rates are quoted in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax).
- Rates are valid from 01 April 2018- 31 March 2019
- Rates are quoted per person
- Rates include all National Park fees
- Due to the nature of our tours, the recommended age group is 18-45 years
- 45+ years can be considered based on the individual’s level of fitness.
- 100% payable for all cancellations within 72hrs prior to arrival
- 75% payable for all cancellations between 14 day – 72 hours
- 50% payable for all cancellation between 15 -30 days
- Full refund for all cancellations made outside 30 days prior to travel
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
- Please note we are Territory Expeditions, not Territory comfortable, take it easy, sightseeing tours. Our tours are focused on adventure. This includes 4WD vehicles on rough and rugged dirt tracks, longer hikes and swims. You will get dirty and be challenged. This is not a luxury bus tour and your accommodation is camping in swags on the ground. The only stars are in the sky.
- 1 x FOC entry for Tour Guide per 10 paying passengers. Maximum two FOC entries per group.
- Industry discounts available. Please contact Kat Noonan on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and enquiries.
- Accounts Name: Blakan Pty Ltd
- BSB: 085 949 | Account Number: 9411 46116
- Bank: NAB