3 Day Kakadu Adventure – Accommodated (June – Sept)
Explore the wilderness of Kakadu National Park on a 3-day Kakadu 4WD adventure! You’ll see all the main attractions such as Jim Jim falls and Ubirr Rock. Combine small groups, great walks, this is a great Kakadu tour for those looking for a bit of excitement and adventure! Includes a wildlife cruise on Yellow Waters at sunset .Accommodation is at the Mercure Crocodile Jabiru and Cooinda Lodge in twin share rooms featuring air conditioning and ensuite bathroom.. Travel by 4WD vehicle.
- Cruise the spectacular Yellow Waters at sunset for crocodile and wildlife spotting
- Warradja Cultural Centre within Kakadu National Park
- Jim Jim Falls swim & hike
- Ubirr, hike & rock art. Views over Arnhemland
- Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) or Gunlom Falls hike & swim
- Budjmi Lookout hike
Day 1 – Darwin – Kakadu
Pick up at 6.30-6.45am from your nominated accommodation in Darwin
We start our Kakadu tour by heading towards the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park, with a stopover and the iconic Australiana Bark Hut for quick refreshment.
Stop & enjoy the sights of the tidal East Alligator River with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes!
Then on to the world famous Ubirr in the north of the park. Some of the best examples of northern Australian rock art can be found here. Learn about the art from your guide and the meaning behind these special paintings. A climb to the top is rewarded with staggering 360º views over the Nardab floodplains and into Arnhemland.
Tonight, we stay in a private room at the Mercure Kakadu Crocodile Hotel in Jabiru.
Dinner tonight is at your own expense in the restaurant.
Fitness: 3 kms
Meals: Lunch included. Dinner is at your own expense.
Day 2 – Kakadu
After breakfast we do some 4 Wheel driving to Jim Jim Falls. A 1 km walk through the gorge surrounded by towering 200m high sandstone cliffs leads to the impressive plunge pool for a well-deserved refreshing swim, or simply relax on the beach whilst taking in the breathtaking views.
Visit to the Warradjan cultural centre is a great opportunity to gain some insight into the traditional owners of Kakadu through interactive displays and demonstrations.
Tonight we stay at Cooinda Lodge where you can enjoy a relaxing swim in the pool before joining a 2hr Sunset Cruise on the famous Yellow Waters. Here we will have the opportunity to see spectacular wildlife including abundant birdlife and crocodiles in their natural habitat.
Return to Cooinda Lodge for dinner, which is at your own expense.
Meals: Breakfast & lunch. Dinner is at your own expense.
Day 3: Kakadu – Darwin
After some breakfast we then make our way to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge). A 1km hike through a paperbark forest with some rock scrambling leads to the plunge pool for a cool swim in a pristine environment.
We then head to Gunlom Falls in the southern end of Kakadu. A hike to the top is rewarded with a swim in the naturally occurring infinity pools whilst taking in the panoramic views of southern Kakadu. The bottom plunge pool not to be missed is a must see, and a last chance to relax before contemplating the drive back to Darwin.
We return to Darwin via the historic town of Pine Creek arriving in Darwin at approximately 5.30pm ending our Kakadu tour.
Fitness: 3 kms
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch.
Territory Expeditions Provides
A Territory Expeditions experience will include:
- Small groups (ensures minimal environmental impact)
- All meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Camping fees and equipment
- Great walks/hikes (getting away from the crowds)
- Interpretation of the natural and cultural features of Kakadu
- Swimming in idyllic locations
- Ancient Rock Art
- Great Lookouts = great photographs
- Wildlife & crocodile cruise
What to Bring
- Good walking shoes or boots
- Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking water
- Swimmers/ bathers/ togs
- Light comfortable clothing
- A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
- Medication and other personal requirements
- A sense of humour!
- Sleeping bag (can be hired for $20, please advise when booking)
- Note: Luggage is strictly restricted to a soft bag of 10kg per person
Small print & important info
- Itinerary may be done in reverse at guides discretion.
- All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, National Park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners.
- All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
- All tours are most suitable for ages between 18 and 45, however those older than this range can be taken into consideration.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended to travellers who embark on any tours with Territory Expeditions.
- Min age recommended for our 2021/22 tours is 15 years of age, however will take children as young as 8 years.
- Families and small groups are welcome on our tours.
- Further terms & conditions and cancellation information can be found on our website.
- Minimum 20% non-refundable deposit to confirm bookings of regular departures
- 100% payable for all cancellations within 72hrs prior to arrival
- 75% payable for all cancellations between 14 day – 72 hours
- 50% payable for all cancellation between 15 -30 days
- Full refund for all cancellations made outside 30 days prior to travel
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
- Please note we are Territory Expeditions, not Territory comfortable, take it easy, sightseeing tours. Our tours are focused on adventure. This includes 4WD vehicles on rough and rugged dirt tracks, longer hikes and swims. You will get dirty and be challenged. This is not a luxury bus tour. Your accommodation is camping in a permanent safari tent with the option to sleep in a swag. The only stars are in the sky.
- Please note that the 3 Day Kakadu Adventure is fully accommodated so no camping applies to this tour.
- 1 x FOC entry for Tour Guide per 10 paying passengers. Maximum two FOC entries per group.
- Industry discounts available. Please contact Kat Noonan on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and enquiries.
- Accounts Name: Blakan Pty Ltd
- ABN – 98163137424
- Account Number: 9411 46116 | BSB: 085 949
- Bank – National Australia Bank limited (NAB) Palmerston, Circuit, Palmerston Northern Territory
- IBAN – 941146116
- SWIFT code – NATAAU3303M