3 day Kakadu/Litchfield Expedition (July – April)
This tour offers visitors a chance to explore Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks. Swimming, camping, hiking and culture. Camping in tents and swags. Travel by 4WD vehicle.
- Jim Jim Falls* hike & swim
- Maguk (Barramundi gorge) hike & swim
- Ubirr, hike & rock art. Views over Arnhemland
- Bowali Information Centre within Kakadu National Park
- Litchfield National Park; Wangi Falls, Florence Falls & Buley Rockhole
- Explore giant Termite mounds
Day 1 Darwin - Litchfield
Up early to head to Litchfield National Park. Departing approximately 6.30am from your nominated Darwin accommodation.
First stop is Wangi Falls for a swim in its beautiful natural plunge pool.
We then visit Tolmer Falls with its spectacular views over Litchfield National Park before making our way to relax at Buley Rockhole’s. Enjoy a picnic lunch and then head onto Florence Falls for a cool swim.
On our way towards Kakadu National Park, we get the opportunity to explore Giant Cathedral Termite and Magnetic Termite mounds.
Tonight we camp at our exclusive safari camp at Corroboree Park.
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Day 2 – Kakadu
We start our day by heading towards Kakadu to join a wildlife cruise on Corroboree Billabong. This is a great opportunity to get fantastic photos of the local wildlife.
After the cruise, we commence our drive toward Kakadu National Park.
Stop & enjoy a picnic lunch on the East Alligator River bank with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes!
Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park.
Ancient rock art and staggering 360o views over the Nardab floodplain and Arnhemland.
Tonight we camp at our exclusive safari camp Mardugal Billabong in the heart of Kakadu National Park.
Dinner tonight is a traditional Aussie BBQ.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 3 – Kakadu – Darwin
This morning we make our way to Maguk (Barramundi gorge), a 1km walk through a paperbark forest leads to the base of the falls for another glorious swim in another of Kakadu’s majestic plunge pools.
After lunch we head to Gunlom Falls, a hike to the top of the falls is rewarded with a swim in the natural infinity pools whilst admiring the stunning views across southern Kakadu, or simply relax on the beach at the bottom by the plunge pool made famous in the Crocodile Dundee Movie.
From here we make our way to Ikoymarrwa (Moline Rock hole) for a final swim before we say Boh boh (Goodbye) to Kakadu and we make our way back to Darwin, arriving to your accommodation at approximately 5pm. *Please note Jim Jim Falls is included only when accessible.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Territory Expeditions Provides
A Territory Expeditions experience will include:
- Small groups (ensures minimal environmental impact)
- All meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Camping fees and equipment
- Great walks/hikes (getting away from the crowds)
- Interpretation of the natural and cultural features of Kakadu
- Swimming in idyllic locations
- Ancient Rock Art
- Great Lookouts = great photographs
- Wildlife & crocodile cruise
- Special permits into restricted areas of Kakadu which include Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)
- Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes (Moline) and Old Goodparla (Home stead ruins of the first European settlement in what is now Kakadu)
- Safari camping permits at Mardugal and Garnamarr which allows us to camp in the heart of Kakadu surrounded only by trees and a sky full of stars!
What to Bring
- Good walking shoes or boots
- Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking water
- Swimmers/ bathers/ togs
- Light comfortable clothing
- A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
- Medication and other personal requirements
- A sense of humour!
- Sleeping bag (can be hired for $10, please advise when booking)
- Note: Luggage is strictly restricted to a soft bag of 10kg per person
Small print & important info
- Itinerary may be done in reverse at guides discretion.
- All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, National Park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners.
- All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
- All tours are most suitable for ages between 18 and 45, however those older than this range can be taken into consideration.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended to travellers who embark on any tours with Territory Expeditions.
- Further terms & conditions and cancellation information can be found on our website
- All rates are quoted in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax).
- Rates are valid from 01 April 2018- 31 March 2019
- Rates are quoted per person
- Rates include all National Park fees
- Due to the nature of our tours, the recommended age group is 18-45 years
- 45+ years can be considered based on the individual’s level of fitness.
- 100% payable for all cancellations within 72hrs prior to arrival
- 75% payable for all cancellations between 14 day – 72 hours
- 50% payable for all cancellation between 15 -30 days
- Full refund for all cancellations made outside 30 days prior to travel
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
- Please note we are Territory Expeditions, not Territory comfortable, take it easy, sightseeing tours. Our tours are focused on adventure. This includes 4WD vehicles on rough and rugged dirt tracks, longer hikes and swims. You will get dirty and be challenged. This is not a luxury bus tour and your accommodation is camping in swags on the ground. The only stars are in the sky.
- 1 x FOC entry for Tour Guide per 10 paying passengers. Maximum two FOC entries per group.
- Industry discounts available. Please contact Kat Noonan on email@example.com for further information and enquiries.
- Accounts Name: Blakan Pty Ltd
- BSB: 085 949 | Account Number: 9411 46116
- Bank: NAB