3 Day Kakadu/Litchfield 4WD Expedition (June – Aug)
This tour offers visitors a chance to explore Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks. Swimming, camping, hiking and culture. Camping in tents and swags. Travel by 4WD vehicle.
- Jim Jim Falls hike & swim
- Ubirr, hike & rock art. Views over Arnhemland
- Bowali Information Centre within Kakadu National Park
- Litchfield National Park; Wangi Falls, Florence Falls & Buley Rockhole
- Explore giant Termite mounds
Day 1 – Darwin – Kakadu
Pick up at 6.30-6.45am from your nominated accommodation in Darwin
We start our Kakadu tour by heading towards Kakadu to join a wildlife cruise on Corrobboree Billabong. This is a great opportunity to observe crocodiles and the prolific birdlife in their natural habitat.
After the cruise, we commence our drive toward Kakadu National Park.
Stop & enjoy a picnic lunch near the East Alligator River with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes!
Then on to the world famous Ubirr in the north of the park. Some of the best examples of northern Australian rock art can be found here. Learn about the art from your guide and the meaning behind these special paintings. A climb to the top is rewarded with staggering 360º views over the Nardab floodplains and into Arnhem land.
Tonight, we camp at our exclusive safari camp at Mardugal Billabong in the heart of Kakadu. Enjoy sitting around an open campfire enjoying a cool beverage or a toasted marshmallow.
Fitness: 3 kms
Meals: Lunch & dinner.
Day 2 – Kakadu
Early to rise for a big day of spectacular waterfalls and some great walks!
After some breakfast we then make our way to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge). A 1km hike through a paperbark forest with some rock scrambling leads to the plunge pool for a cool swim in a pristine environment.
We then head to Gunlom Falls in the southern end of Kakadu. A hike to the top is rewarded with a swim in the naturally occurring infinity pools whilst taking in the panoramic views of southern Kakadu. The bottom plunge pool not to be missed is a must see, and a great place to relax on the beach.
We finish the day with a short hike and swim at Ikoymarrwa (Moline Rockhole) a special permit area with very few visitors.
Tonight we camp at Mary River Roadhouse on the Kakadu border.
Fitness: 4 kms
Meals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Day 3 – Kakadu – Litchfield - Darwin
Up early again to head to Litchfield National Park.
Today is spent exploring the wonders of Litchfield.
Learn about the intriguing Cathedral and Magnetic mounds that are prolific in this region.
Hiking and swimming at Buley Rockhole’s, Florence Falls and Wangi Falls.
Return to Darwin approximately 5.30pm
Fitness: 2 kms
Meals: Breakfast & lunch
Territory Expeditions Provides
A Territory Expeditions experience will include:
- Small groups (ensures minimal environmental impact)
- All meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Camping fees and equipment
- Great walks/hikes (getting away from the crowds)
- Interpretation of the natural and cultural features of Kakadu
- Swimming in idyllic locations
- Ancient Rock Art
- Great Lookouts = great photographs
- Wildlife & crocodile cruise
What to Bring
- Good walking shoes or boots
- Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking water
- Swimmers/ bathers/ togs
- Light comfortable clothing
- A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
- Medication and other personal requirements
- A sense of humour!
- Sleeping bag (can be hired for $20, please advise when booking)
- Note: Luggage is strictly restricted to a soft bag of 10kg per person
Small print & important info
- Itinerary may be done in reverse at guides discretion.
- All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, National Park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners.
- All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
- All tours are most suitable for ages between 18 and 45, however those older than this range can be taken into consideration.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended to travellers who embark on any tours with Territory Expeditions.
- Min age recommended for our 2021/22 tours is 15 years of age, however will take children as young as 8 years.
- Families and small groups are welcome on our tours.
- Further terms & conditions and cancellation information can be found on our website.
- Minimum 20% non-refundable deposit to confirm bookings of regular departures
- 100% payable for all cancellations within 72hrs prior to arrival
- 75% payable for all cancellations between 14 day – 72 hours
- 50% payable for all cancellation between 15 -30 days
- Full refund for all cancellations made outside 30 days prior to travel
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
- Please note we are Territory Expeditions, not Territory comfortable, take it easy, sightseeing tours. Our tours are focused on adventure. This includes 4WD vehicles on rough and rugged dirt tracks, longer hikes and swims. You will get dirty and be challenged. This is not a luxury bus tour. Your accommodation is camping in a permanent safari tent with the option to sleep in a swag. The only stars are in the sky.
- Please note that the 3 Day Kakadu Adventure is fully accommodated so no camping applies to this tour.
- 1 x FOC entry for Tour Guide per 10 paying passengers. Maximum two FOC entries per group.
- Industry discounts available. Please contact Kat Noonan on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and enquiries.
- Accounts Name: Blakan Pty Ltd
- ABN – 98163137424
- Account Number: 9411 46116 | BSB: 085 949
- Bank – National Australia Bank limited (NAB) Palmerston, Circuit, Palmerston Northern Territory
- IBAN – 941146116
- SWIFT code – NATAAU3303M