4 Day 4WD Kakadu/Arnhem Land Experience (May-Oct)
This tour covers both Kakadu and Arnhemland National Parks. This is a very active tour, which puts large emphasis on aboriginal culture while learning about the wildlife and landscape. The tour is physically active and involves camping, hiking and swimming at waterfalls. Camping in tents and swags. Travel by 4WD vehicle.
- Cruise the spectacular Corroboree Billabong for crocodile and wildlife spotting
- Jim Jim Falls and hike to the top of Twin Falls, swim & hike
- Ubirr, hike and rock art. Views over Arnhemland
- Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) hike & swim
- Budjmi Lookout hike
- Visit to Warradjan Cultural Centre within Kakadu National Park
- Aboriginal guided interpretation through Long Tom Dreaming (Injalak Hill)
Day 1- Darwin – Kakadu
Pick up from your nominated accommodation in Darwin at 06.30am
We start our Kakadu tour by heading straight for a wildlife cruise with crocodiles and bird watching. Fantastic photo opportunities.
Then we commence the drive toward Kakadu National Park.
A picnic lunch on the East Alligator rivers bank (not too close!) with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes.
Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360º views over the Nardab floodplain.
Dinner tonight is a traditional Aussie BBQ.
Toilets and Showers at Garnamarr.
Meals: Lunch & dinner
Day 2: Kakadu
After breakfast we do some 4 Wheel driving to Twin Falls. From here we take the escarpment walk to the top of the falls for a swim in the crystal clear pools away from the crowds.
Then we’ll find a shady spot by Jim Jim Creek for some lunch.
A short climb up Budjimi Lookout will reward you with spectacular views of the ancient Arnhemland escarpment.
After lunch, a 1km walk through monsoonal vine forest to the base of Jim Jim Falls for a relaxing afternoon swimming in the plunge pool and resting on the beach.
Showers and toilets available.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Day 3: Kakadu
An early start as we head to the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn more about the local Aboriginal people of Kakadu.
We then make our way to Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) for a 1km walk through towering paperbarks and crystal clear waters for a refreshing swim in the plunge pool.
After a relaxing afternoon we drop you off at your accommodation in Jabiru where you can relax, regroup and get ready for 2 more days of adventure.
Accommodation at Jabiru.
Territory Expeditions has arranged tonight’s accommodation at Aurora Kakadu Lodge. This is a resort style caravan park with a magnificent lagoon style pool, which is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and is complemented by the Poolside Bar & Bistro. Upon arrival you will be given a tent, swag, dinner and breakfast vouchers. The camp site is unpowered so be sure to bring a torch.
Upgrades are available please enquiry at the time of reservation.
Meals: Breakfast & lunch
Day 4: Kakadu – Arnhemland – Darwin (B & L)
You will be picked up from your accommodation at approximately 8:30am for the start of an unforgettable experience.
Today we visit Aboriginal Lands (Arnhem Land) access to this area is restricted to a select group of tour operators.
While you are in Arnhem Land a traditional Aboriginal guide will show you excellent examples of rock art on Injalak Hill (Long Tom Dreaming), this area has some of the best rock art examples in
Western Arnhem Land and some say Australia.
The view from the top of the hill is simply breathtaking, looking out across the floodplains and around the escarpment
When we farewell our Aboriginal guide back at the Injalak Art & Craft Centre there is an opportunity to browse or purchase goods from this non-profit Aboriginal organization.
This afternoon we are privileged to have access into the valley, with its stunning scenery of billabongs, birds, escarpment this is truly a place where you can escape and experience this unique untouched haven of the Northern Territory.
Returning to Darwin approximately 6.30pm
Territory Expeditions Provides
A Territory Expeditions experience will include:
- Small groups (ensures minimal environmental impact)
- All meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- Camping fees and equipment
- Great walks/hikes (getting away from the crowds)
- Interpretation of the natural and cultural features of Kakadu
- Swimming in idyllic locations
- Ancient Rock Art
- Great Lookouts = great photographs
- Wildlife & crocodile cruise
- Special permits into restricted areas of Kakadu which include Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)
- Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes (Moline) and Old Goodparla (Home stead ruins of the first European settlement in what is now Kakadu)
- Safari camping permits at Mardugal and Garnamarr which allows us to camp in the heart of Kakadu surrounded only by trees and a sky full of stars!
What to Bring
- Good walking shoes or boots
- Insect repellent
- A wide brimmed sun hat
- Long sleeve light shirt for sun protection
- 1 litre water bottle for drinking water
- Swimmers/ bathers/ togs
- Light comfortable clothing
- A jacket (mainly for June, July and August nights)
- Medication and other personal requirements
- A sense of humour!
- Sleeping bag (can be hired for $10, please advise when booking)
- Note: Luggage is strictly restricted to a soft bag of 10kg per person
Small print & important info
- Itinerary may be done in reverse at guides discretion.
- All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, National Park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners.
- All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.
- All tours are most suitable for ages between 18 and 45, however those older than this range can be taken into consideration.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended to travellers who embark on any tours with Territory Expeditions.
- Further terms & conditions and cancellation information can be found on our website
- All rates are quoted in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST (Goods & Services Tax).
- Rates are valid from 01 April 2018- 31 March 2019
- Rates are quoted per person
- Rates include all National Park fees
- Due to the nature of our tours, the recommended age group is 18-45 years
- 45+ years can be considered based on the individual’s level of fitness.
- 100% payable for all cancellations within 72hrs prior to arrival
- 75% payable for all cancellations between 14 day – 72 hours
- 50% payable for all cancellation between 15 -30 days
- Full refund for all cancellations made outside 30 days prior to travel
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
- Please note we are Territory Expeditions, not Territory comfortable, take it easy, sightseeing tours. Our tours are focused on adventure. This includes 4WD vehicles on rough and rugged dirt tracks, longer hikes and swims. You will get dirty and be challenged. This is not a luxury bus tour and your accommodation is camping in swags on the ground. The only stars are in the sky.
- 1 x FOC entry for Tour Guide per 10 paying passengers. Maximum two FOC entries per group.
- Industry discounts available. Please contact Kat Noonan on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and enquiries.
- Accounts Name: Blakan Pty Ltd
- BSB: 085 949 | Account Number: 9411 46116
- Bank: NAB